Saving stray cats from the Kyiv Zoo
We kindly ask you to help Cat Town due to the ongoing war in Ukraine.
This is a volunteer project of “Nature First Independent Journalists Association” (“Nature First IJA”) NGO. It’s based in a special section of the Kyiv Zoo. Actually, we are a shelter for 120 stray cats.
Our main effort is to find ways and means for the cats’ evacuation to a safe country.
We also have material needs:
- cat food;
- kitty litter;
- vaccines and syringes for cats;
- a gasoline generator in case the light turns off.
Due to the ongoing battle, we are still searching for cat food and transport for our volunteers (from Right and Left banks of Kyiv).
Our financial details for donations:
- Paypal: please write us a private message.
- “Privatbank” (for users from Ukraine) 4149629315001115, Komarova Angela Yevgenivna.
- Kind challenge.
We have such a name of NGO because since 2008 we are involved in nature conservation and the creation of natural protected areas, especially in Kyiv.
We were officially registered by the Ukrainian authorities as an NGO in 2016.
Angelika Komarova, Head (chairwoman) of our NGO, is staying in Kyiv as a noncombatant.
One of our founders, Oleg Andros, is currently in the Ukrainian Army, protecting Kyiv.
Also, we have a team of five volunteers in Kyiv (but our people from the Left bank have difficulties in getting to Kyiv zoo).
We’re not a part of the Kyiv Zoo but we are partners in efforts to isolate stray cats from the zoo animals collection. We also support the humane management of stray animals instead of euthanizing them.
Caring for stray abandoned cats in Kyiv zoo has been our main activity in recent years (since 2010).
We help not only Kyiv Zoo cats but a few people who rescued abandoned cats.
Video about us in English (made before war):
People all over the world, please help evacuate 120 cats from Kotomistechko, a volunteer project that takes care of cats at the Kyiv Zoo.
What we have:
- 120 cats, there are 2 volunteers to accompany the cats;
- there is a preliminary agreement in Czech Republic and some other EU countries. We need to get the cats to the border;
- Our address: Kyiv, the city zoo, Zoolohichna str 2.
What we need:
- transportation (buses, drivers);
- food and water for cats.
How exactly can you help:
- share this post;
- give a specific advice – where to get buses, where to go if you have a better place, contacts of other volunteers.
Contacts and info:
- Official data about our NGO.
- Phone numbers of Kotomistechko:
+380503883979, +380975027551 and +380937744015 Oleg Andros (English-speaking volunteer);
+380675837089 Anzhelika Komarova.